Pitch for the Grant 2023, is seeking to support ideas or approaches of ongoing or planned initiatives anywhere in the world with demonstrated capacity to be applied and replicated in areas with similar characteristics.
Eligible ideas could include:
- Techniques for conservation, restoration and wise use of wetland ecosystems including their resources
- Community effort or engagement for a cause that benefits wetlands e.g designation as a protected site or wetland clean up exercise etc.
- Initiatives to support the creation of alternative livelihoods to reduce pressure on wetlands
- Initiatives or actions that will lead to the long-term protection and conservation of wetlands
- Research or academic project to increase knowledge and understanding about wetlands